Cooking in the Cava: Today we have prepared a “Mole Oaxaqueño” of Chicken with Cava!
We leave the instructions of the recipe below, although you can also see it in video!
Preparation time: 50 minutes
- Chicken thigh without skin
- “Mole Oaxaqueño”
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Chicken stock
- Sesame oil
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- And … Cava!
1) We will sear the chicken on high heat in a pot that can go in the oven, add salt and pepper, and continue for about 10 minutes until it’s golden brown.
2) Add the garlic and the onion and after a few minutes the Cava and lower the heat.
3) In another pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the Mole, fry briefly and add the chicken stock, remove and let the Mole dilute.
4) In a third pot, sear the rice with a little olive oil and then add the chicken stock and let boil for about 15 minutes.
5) Preheat the oven to 200ºC and once at temperature, place the chicken pot in the oven for 10 minutes.
6) We continue stirring the Mole pot while getting to the desired density and just before adding it to the chicken we add some sesame oil. Once we add it to the pot of the chicken, we will keep basting every few minutes with a spoon until it is done.
7) Before serving we add roasted sesame over the chicken on the pot as well as on the plate.
8) It can already be served! For spice lovers you can add “Chile Habanero” sauce!
Hope you liked the recipe, it will transport you directly to Mexico! And it really is delicious!
Salut i Cava!
Guifré – 31/07/2019