Cooking in the Cava: Today we have prepared a Risotto of “Rovellons” and Sausage with Cava ! Very easy and tasty dish to surprise!
You have the instructions down below but you can also see it in vídeo! (with English subs)
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Rice (Bomba, Carnaroli or similar)
- Black and raw Sausage
- Chicken stock
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mushrooms (We used local “Rovellons”)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- and Cava!
1) First of all dice the sausages into cubes and the onions and garlic even smaller. Then in a large frying pan with olive oil mark the raw sausage and cook the garlic, onion and mushrooms.
2) Once the sausage is golden and not completely cooked, remove it. At this point add a few cubes of butter to the onion and continue cooking.
3) When it seems that the onion is cooked enough, mix it with the mushrooms all together and add the rice, which we will keep without liquid for a few seconds until it breaks color. At this point add the cava.
4) Stir until the cava is reduced. Once it starts to dry, add the broth little by little as it needs for about 17 or 18 minutes.
5) It is important that we never stop stirring during these minutes and also to let it become dry sometimes before adding more broth, we will have more structure in the dish by doing this.
6) When 5 minutes are left add the raw sausage again and season with salt and pepper.
7) When it’s almost time, add the black sausage, 3 cubes of butter and grate Parmesan cheese on top. Stir, cover and let it rest for about 4 or 5 minutes.
It is ready to serve, we can even grate more Parmesan cheese on the plate. Bon Appetit!!
We hope you enjoyed the recipe and are encouraged to try it out and send us photos!
Health and Cava!
Guifré – 18/11/2020